Upon completion of this program, attendees will be able to:
- Explain the importance of wilderness medicine for medical providers.
- Discuss common wilderness medical problems, conditions, and
- Review the knowledge, skills, and techniques necessary for proper
management of wilderness medicine.
- Practice important wilderness medical skills and techniques.
- Engage in a competitive format for the evaluation of proficiency in
wilderness medical skills and techniques.
- Identify the importance of teamwork in the success of wilderness
medicine and wilderness activities in general.
- Recognize the importance of proper preparation, planning, and gear
in the prevention of and management of wilderness medical situations.
- Recognize the importance of physical fitness and its impact on the
execution of health care provider duties, especially in a wilderness
- Review the potential influences and complications of uncontrolled
environmental conditions and settings on the management of wilderness
- Develop bonds of collegiality between participants from
different schools, hospitals, professionals, areas and backgrounds.
- Obtain a familiarity with references and resources for
self-education and further development of wilderness medical
- Develop a deeper sense of respect for the environment and the
need for proper management and conservation of wilderness areas.
David Ledrick, MD
Michael Caudell, MD
Michael Omori, MD
Jacob Jerdon, DO
Kewal K. Mahajan, MD, CME /Co-Director CME
Ronald Shapiro, MD, CME/Co-Director CME
Teresa Mersereau, MBA, CHCP, CME Manager
Cathy Nelson, CME Program Coordinator
If you have questions, please contact us.