|You will need to show all required gear at check-in and carry ALL equipment below during the entire race.
This is an unsupported race -- meaning teams are not allowed to have support crews assist them.
Required Team Equipment
- Orienteering compass (Compass and GPS navigation this year)
- Avalanche shovel
- Climbing rope
- Matches or Lighter
- Multitool or Swiss Army Knife
- Water Detoxification Method
- Wilderness Medical and Survival Kit with contents of your choosing (preparation is part of the challenge)
Required Individual Equipment
- Food and Water (ability to carry 1 liter - water bottle or bladder/pack)
- Winter hiking gear: goggles/sunglasses, neck warmer/facemask, baselayer long underwear (top & bottom), fleece/down jacket, waterproof shell jacket, waterproof shell pants, heavy winter socks, winter boots, gloves, winter hat
- Snowshoe rental will be included in the registration fee, but you are welcome to use your own snowshoes if you prefer
- Some major supplies and safety items will be provided, but participants must bring any and all other items they feel will be necessary to compete (backpacks, medical kits, food, water, medical texts, clothing, gear, etc.).
- A Sense of Adventure
Optional Team Equipment
- Avalanche beacon
- Avalanche probe
- Personal snowshoes*
- Personal GPS unit *
*These are provided as part of the race registration fee, however if you prefer to use your own, that is an option.
- Communication Device (cell phone, radio, pager, PDA, walkie-talkie, etc.)
- Any Mode of Transportation not authorized by Race Staff
- Any Map other than that provided by Race Staff